Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Tuesday 23/09/14

Hello,

Last week my new book was released. It's out in book stores in the UK now (it will be out in book stores in the US in November) but it's also available on Kindle everywhere right now.

I guess here's a blurb:

Highlights of My Last Regret is a satire focusing on the lives of privileged young Americans from the West Coast. It's primarily an account of the turbulent relationship between 24-year-old Parke (the beautiful but cruel offspring of Maine and Sadie from Exit Through The Wound) and his girlfriend Ryan (a smart, vulnerable girl from small-town America) and the effects its ups and downs have on each of their lives. The story is written from Parke's perspective with the intention to give a jarring, uncomfortable to read, but hopefully captivating insight into a character with an unusual moral centre

This is a picture of the book in a book shop, as proof that it really exists.


And here are the links to buy it online.




Ever since I started writing this blog it's had 274,313 unique visitors come and read the posts that I've written, visiting a total of 1,457,767 times. I expect this book to sell at least 274,313 copies, because, you know, it works exactly like that. Anyway, thanks very much.

11 comments:

Alex F. said...

Highlights is next on my reading list :-)

Got it on Kindle (UK) as paper books are too much of a space drain on my tiny London flat.

Guy said...

LP, I am happy to add my unsolicited 'plug' to this post. I bought one of the advance copies of your book and loved it from the first page to the last. Although the world view is definitely dystopic, your sense of humour and insightful observation of the absurdities 'modern' life make it a compelling read. You are a very talented writer and I look forward to your next book. I hope you get some joy from this accomplishment, although I fear the answer to that is likely 'no'.

London Preppy said...

Thank you both

Mike said...

They ordered one whole copy. Woah.

London Preppy said...

Oh Mike. Why such a cunt?

Fresco said...

Just bought it via bol.com

skylarkingzooby said...

Are they a series? Will I have to have read the first? Apologies. I stumbled on to your blog a few weeks ago and have tried to go back to earlier posts. I'm currently reading for research so I have to sneak this in between The Velvet Rage and I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings.

London Preppy said...

sky: They are not strictly a series, but some of the same characters appear in both

Brad said...

I just finished reading it. It was such a joyful book until the last page. As you said, well that one went down hill quickly, didn't it?
PS - thanks for the polaroid, even if it wasn't as revealing as I'd expected

Drew said...

and when is it to be released on iTunes?

London Preppy said...

I'm not sure it will be on iTunes