Friday, 25 July 2014

Friday 24/07/14

The special edition of Highlights of My Last Regret is now on sale. I'm sure you weren't holding your breath, but I'm sorry about the delay anyway.

There is a mass market edition coming out in October, which will be available on Amazon, book stores, etc, but for now you can buy this special edition directly from my publisher, Limehouse Books, only.

There are only 100 copies of the special edition. 

You know what, I might just keep one, so there are only 99 copies of it. In fact, we sold 30 copies on Kickstarter last year, so there are only 69 copies of it. You do what you think is right.

You can buy it here:



Highlights of My Last Regret

Regret is my second published novel. I am terrible at talking about my writing and trying to sell it to you. Do you want a vapid mirror selfie with no shirt on hinting that I can't write a text message, let alone two books, or a close up of my blond leg hair proving how non-Greek I am instead? 

People seemed to like Exit Through The Wound, the first novel. It got shortlisted for the Polari First Book Prize, Attitude magazine picked it as their classic read last month, referring to it as "a nihilistic monument to self-absorption, first world problems and affluent ennui", and The Independent newspaper wrote a nice article and referred to me as "a bitterly funny satirist", which is more than I could have asked for in my lifetime from a national newspaper and I want it written on my gravestone, thanks.

Regret is in the same style, I won't lie to you. It's in the same style as the first book and this blog. I can't write anything else. 

It's not a direct sequel of Exit Through The Wound, but some of the same characters appear; it's a continuation of sorts.

The blurb on the back cover is this:

"Parke Hudson has all the trappings of extreme wealth: an alcoholic mother, an estranged father and Ryan, his beautiful but paranoid girlfriend who excels at tracking his every move.From L.A. pool parties to Coachella, Parke is faithful enough to confess his indiscretions, each time seeing how far he can push the boundaries of their relationship. It is only when he decides to spend his summer in San Francisco with his mother Sadie – who carries an altogether special affection for him – that Ryan finally decides to call it a day. Will this latest relationship status help Parke see the error of his ways?

Dark and uncompromising, Highlights of My Last Regret is a cutting satire of modern relationships from the acclaimed author of Exit Through The Wound. This special edition includes a diary written by the author."

Special Edition 

The special edition has a different cover (which I loathe, but it's OK, I like the mass market cover), but more importantly, the special edition includes a personal diary that I wrote to someone I was in love with a few years ago. 

It was written over one summer, during a break in a three-and-a-half-year relationship and it is basically one elaborate, humiliating love letter from one person to another, knowing that his love will never be returned. It contains a short story, an open letter, hand-drawn diagrams, yes, I just said hand-drawn diagrams, a mini comic strip, etc. It's really unpretentious, vulnerable and exposed, and I would feel like a complete idiot reading it back, were it not for the fact that behind all the cynical London Preppy stuff and general divorcement from any emotional involvement in everything else that I write, well, sometimes, love. What can you do?

So that's that.


Again, the links to buy this special edition are:



(PS. Apologies for the delay to everyone who bought this on Kickstarter last year. The books will be mailed out - including the individual Polaroid pictures - in the next few days. Thanks for your patience)

7 comments:

Jeremy Reichenberger said...

Have been trying desperately to get the paypal link to work for me. Says I need my browser to accept cookies. I've tried just about everything I can think of to get it to work.

Hope I can figure it out and get the book! Can't wait to read it!

London Preppy said...

jeremy: Sorry, I'll review the links. I'm clearly not very good at this

Guy said...

Just ordered my copy. Link worked fine for me. Very much looking forward to reading it LP. I am hoping it arrives in time for me to read it on my holidays. I will be in a cottage by a lake north of Toronto. The setting might not be the best one for one of your books, but it does mean that I can have a drink pretty much anytime I want and bug my friends by reading passages out loud to them, as I did with your first book. I hope it is a great success.

London Preppy said...

guy: Thank you.

Yeah, I fixed the links, or I think I did anyway

B said...

Just ordered a special addition. Do we get a unqiue polaroid too, or is that just for the kickstarter dudes?

PS: Did you spend 30 days in PTown yet?

London Preppy said...

b: Thanks, guy. The Polaroids are for the Kickstarter dudes only, I'm sorry.

And I've started the gay book, yes

Jeremy Reichenberger said...

Just ordered. Thanks for fixing the link! Looking forward to reading it.