Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Wednesday 12/12/12

Right lads, this is the last part of my music review for this year:

Top 10 Videos

1. Bjork - Mutual core

I don't know what to say about this video and about Bjork, because everything I want to say makes me sound quite negative and aggressive and intolerant. And I know that people are different are they can like different things and that putting down the things other people like is juvenile and pointless and kinda stupid, but seriously, I cannot live in a world where Lady Gaga and Madonna and Rihanna is a more popular choice than Bjork when it comes to ANYTHING. I just cannot contain it. I realise this only goes to show how small-minded and immature I am. But I'll tell you this. When I kill myself, it will be because I've grown tired of being surrounded by people who make these choices: the Lady Gaga choices, the '12:12 on 12/12/12 Facebook update' choices, the 'let's have a kiki' choices. I'll stop typing now, because I'm getting the feeling that this is starting to have less and less to do with Bjork and her video and more with other issues that I should perhaps address on a more private - possibly medical - level. Mutual Core: video of the year.


2. Grimes - Oblivion

This video inspired my Halloween costume, and no I didn't go as Grimes wearing pink bangs, etc.


3. Solange - Losing you

Did y'all go as Solange this Halloween?


4. Lana Del Rey - Born to die

Why did Lana piss you off though?


5. Lana Del Rey - National anthem


6. Sebastien Tellier - Cochon ville


7. Lana Del Rey - Ride


8. Hot Chip - Don't deny your heart


9. Simian Mobile Disco - Cerulean


10. The Shins - Simple song

(The lamestreamer's choice)


Special mention

Saint Etienne - I've got your music

BECAUSE I AM IN IT AND BECAUSE I AM HOLDING A BJORK VINYL


And we're done, thank God

4 comments:

Tommy said...

I pretty much love all your choices of Lana Del Rey, I'm all about her. I really loved Ride and National Anthem, she definitely continues to improve on her videos as she goes.

I really want her to do one for Gods and Monsters.

Unknown said...

"Something New" should be on here.

London Preppy said...

unknown: You know as well as I do that that's certainly not true

Ben said...

Your closing comment "And we're done, thank god" is taking on an air of finality.