Friday, 6 April 2012

Friday 06/04/12

Right, I think I have my list of Top 25 Songs Ever (+ The Other 25 that make up the Top 50). Ugh, I said I'd write a little bit about each one of those and now I can't be bothered, but anyway. We'll see.

First, here are 10 songs that very nearly made the Top 50, but well...didn't.

Alphabetically by artist:

Bat For Lashes - Daniel (2009)
Crystal Castles ft Robert Smith - I'm not in love (2010)
Daft Punk - Alive (2005)
Gus Gus - Within you (2011)
Lamb - Gorecki (1996)
Manic Street Preachers - Faster (1994)
Morrissey - Everyday is like Sunday (1988)
The Smiths - The boy with the thorn in his side (1985)
Sneaker Pimps - Tesko Suicide (1996)
Survivor - Eye of the tiger (1982)

The proper lists coming next.

5 comments:

writersblokc said...

I'm finding excluding songs from Playlists excruciating, let alone go through the process of any kind of top-xx lists - and that's from a guy who liked lists long before they became a 'phrase'.

Bat Lashes I remember from the eye catching tube poster back then but never got around to actually listen. Sounds good, a bit like an electronic Marina.
Also like the sound of Crystal palace, there's a very 80s, nostalgic feeling about it, it could be from the Drive OST.

Good luck with the rest.

kim said...

Survivor - Eye of the tiger (1982)

... you do know it's no longer April 1st?

London Preppy said...

writers: Trust me, this was an impossible task. Last night I spent an hour and a half trying to kick one song out of the top 50 to put another one in

kim: I like Eye of the Tiger :-(

Scoop said...

Where are the brothers on this list? Surely even post-nihilists have some soul?

London Preppy said...

scoop: Well that's not even the list yet. Pick me up again on this when I've posted it