Friday, 13 May 2011
So this kid, right? He drew some portraits of me from the YouTube video below. And I thought I'd post them here. I've kinda ruined them a bit with the red block that's compulsory on this page, but you can check the originals out on his tumblr, not to mention his other work. He's good, no?
Wednesday, 11 May 2011
And on Tuesday afternoon I have an email conversation with A Girl and this email conversation goes a little something like this.
A Girl (from an undisclosed location in California): 'When do I get an advance copy of your novel? I think you could do a west coast book tour at some point. I can attempt any pre-PR work as needed.'
Me: 'The earliest I'll have a copy of the book in my hands will be mid July. I'll make sure to post one first thing. Oh my God, I would love a book tour on the west coast. It's not happening, obviously, but my publisher tells me that approximately 50% of my pre-orders come from California. But what's 50% of 3, really? Please intensify your PR efforts.'
A Girl: '50% from California, how interesting. Perhaps I randomly leave a copy or two in areas which I consider high traffic interest for your novel. Of course I would make it look like it was seriously missed and read-through, carried everywhere (literally could not put it down), dog-ear the pages, perhaps leave a bookmark close to the end and a personal note on the inside cover that reads something like "Happy 29th Birthday Stephen - You must read this book, can't put it into words. xx- Yours, J"'
(A Girl was the real star of this blog, no?)
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
This is a video where I'm saying some things. In summary, the things that I'm saying are:
1) We'll be uploading a video in June where I'll be reading the first chapter of Exit Through The Wound
2) As I think it's highly unlikely that I'll be doing readings overseas when the book comes out in September, my publisher will organise Skype conference calls where I can do readings 'via the interwebs' for an audience that will call in. The first of these will probably be at a convenient time for North America (based on book interest so far)
I had to write down my points as well, because I'm freaking out in the video so much that I don't think I'm making any sense. And I'm certainly not going back to film it again.
Monday, 2 May 2011
Twelve songs from March/April 2011 (ish).
There's a bit of a ridiculous change of pace between songs (especially 1 and 2), but it's not like anyone is going to sit there and listen to them anyway, so.
1. Interlude (solo version) - Morrissey
2. Everyday (Original Sin remix) - Rusko
3. Banana ripple - Junior Boys
4. Civilization - Justice
5. Jericho (Tepr remix) - Jamaica
6. The bay (Erol Alkan's extended rework) - Metronomy
7. Panutup - Diskjokke
8. The morning - The Weeknd
9. Drive (Akira Kiteshi remix) - Alpines
10. Make a scene - Sophie Ellis-Bextor
11. My terrible friend - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
12. Fantasy - Breakbot (ft Ruckazoid)
Also, yeah there's a poll on the right here - very top of the grey panel ----->