Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Tuesday 22/02/11

OMG, you guys, this is the cover of Exit Through The Wound, no biggie.



There are several elements on this cover, but from where I’m sitting I guess the main thing that’s jumping out at me is a picture of a long road. Where does this road lead? Why is no one on it? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN? Etc.

On either side of this road there is some ‘desert’ and right ahead ‘a big mass of purple mountains’. I don’t know about you, but looking at this picture all I wanna do is put Body Double by Pilotpriest on and drive down that road. Failing that, some Saint Etienne will do.

There is strong contention about where this road is. Some people say it’s in southern California, others claim SoCal. I guess if you go along the general lines of California, but not the northern or central parts of it, you’ll probably be right.

The title of the book – in canary yellow – came to me in a vision one Tuesday evening whilst I was hallucinating on the platform at Notting Hill tube station (eastbound). So did my name. I decided to keep both and make them official, in commemoration of that amazing ‘trip’.

20 comments:

patrick said...

I always judge a book by its cover before I buy it and I'd buy that one.

AlwaysReadySF said...

If this was Facebook, I would want to hit the "like" button.

abristolnovella said...

The black line in the middle annoys me but other wise its rather sexy

Tim in the City of Angles said...

I'm tempted to say Highway 15 through Death Valley heading north to Las Vegas. A miserable stretch of road, to be sure. No wonder Hunter Thompson was higher than a kite whenever he drove it... not that I'm advocating anything like that.

george said...

not sure about the cover but i have been reading your blog for so long that i am interested in what you have written.....

Craig said...

Nice job on the cover; looking forward to reading Exit. And, although it don't make no nevermind, kudos on outing your cute name. Did you consider North Northwest?

Anonymous said...

Route 66 North of Twenty Nine Palms.

Or not.

Anonymous said...

Aw. why didn't you use you're real name?

London Preppy said...

craig: There was already a North Northwest in my building so I wanted to avoid confusion with the mail ("LOL")

tim and anon: I don't know actually, I really don't but I'll find out sooner or later

anon: This IS my real name now (after several Deed Polls)

Anonymous said...

I second tim, it's the highway 15 heading to Las Vegas. I like the panoramic scene but it reminds me of brokeback mountain or a poster some sort of it. The only thing missing is Heath and Jake G's faces on the cover. Nevertheless, i will buy it in a heartbeat knowing that you are a superb writer. North Morgan is a nice catchy name, i like your real name too...very unique.

Toby said...

This name of yours. Oh god, you poor thing. :(

But I am looking forward to reading your book.

Mike said...

honestly who cares about a fucking road and fucking mountains. nature is STUPID. & da "NOVEL" (with yellow/gold background)....

London Preppy said...

You boys...settle down

Anonymous said...

im glad it says "NOVEL" on top left

Fresco said...

The video to St Etienne is blocked in my country due to copyright rights. Could it be 'Like a motorway'?

London Preppy said...

fresco: You're very good (or I'm very predictable)

Kylifornication said...

I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened your blog and saw that book cover. That picture was taken about a 10 minute drive from my home town of borrego springs in southern california. It's hot as hell there and beautifully desolate. That stretch of road is San Diego County highway S3 and that spot is called the San Felipe Wash. I suppose that's a bit too much detail though isn't it?

London Preppy said...

There we go, we have a spot then

Anonymous said...

It looks like a giant vagina. just sayin'

London Preppy said...

anon: FINALLY I become the bro I've always dreamt about