Saturday, 4 December 2010

Saturday 04/12/10

Part A - Emails between Nathan and me

Nathan (quoting what I wrote in my last post below):

"I liked the CFCF mix of Trouble a lot, I looked him up on facebook because I'm a crazy stalker, I friend requested him because I thought he might be gay and I needed to get in there and have sex with him before he makes it big, sent him a message stating "You're my new obsession" (which is the opening line from Trouble), he ignored both the friend request and my message and now I HATE HIM."

I miss this side of you.

Me: I’m still the same…no?

Nathan: You're the same. But you're less randomly mental as you have ___ and ___ and therefore are more invested in sane endeavours than insane ones.

Remember the halcyon days when life was all about emailing random people because they may be gay and you might want to sleep with them then obsessing over their lack of reply. Back before people overdosed in gas masks and rubber or had near fatal crashes on the M25.

As a friend, I'm happy for you. As an LP reader, I'm sad for my lost amusement.

I'll just have to wait for the book.

Me: Well, in that case I know what you mean. I guess I’m finding it a bit easier now to distinguish between the character that I wanted to write about and myself. I.e. I don’t need to do these things to write about them.

It was getting a bit crazy back then, admittedly. I was quite unstable and – I think – a little bit unhappier than I would say I am now.

Nathan: I can see that, hence the ‘as a friend I’m happy for you’.

I don’t think you were that crazy. Then again, I get you (most of the time… well… all of time in terms of appreciating your motivations, most of the time in terms of agreeing with them).

You’ll be happy to know, however, that your craziest period will forever be how many people think of you.

Part B - My top 10 music videos of 2010

1) In the sun - She & Him (by far)



2) La musique - Yelle



3) Giving up the gun - Vampire Weekend



4) Rude boy - Rihanna



5) Attack music - These New Puritans



6) Second lives - Vitalic



7) I love u so - Cassius



8) Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce



9) Drunk girls - LCD Soundsystem



10) 15.6.6.9.3.9.14.1.18.21.13.56155 - iamamiwhoami

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate you're just growing older, that's all.

You're still an attention seeker, which is why LP lives on, but that will wear off with time too :).

London Preppy said...

anon: Perhaps. Who are we to tell?

Alfred said...

Bruno Mars - Grenade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6iYWJxHqs

This song mean the guy do anything for the girl.

Fresco said...

1) Why did I never hear about this song before? WHY?

6) HI-LA-RI-OUS

8) This must be the most rritating / entertaining song of the year. Some may think that this is a completely new tune, but I’m old enough to know that it’s entirely build around a chart topper of the illustrious 70s / 80s hit machine Boney M and... well, Barbra Streisand.

Lust For Life said...

The list makes me happy, and to reply to a tweet of yours, (because, you know, I definitely stalk you) I'd also like to be Zooey Deschanel or a member of vampire weekend. Not any member though, the gay one, obviously.

London Preppy said...

lust: Which one is the gay one? I could google this, of course, but I'd rather ask you

Anonymous said...

I WOULD GIVE MY RIGHT ARM TO KNOW WHAT THE ___ and ___ ARE.

Craig said...

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/02/vampire-weekend-band-member-is-gay.html

London Preppy said...

anon: Please send right arm FAO London Preppy, London

craig: A-HA

right arm said...

To anon: really, how complicated can it be. Just look at next post.

Welcome to Ask A Brit said...

Have you heard this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo3CV6sZ90I?