Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Tuesday 09/06/09

And finally after months of doing what I do best, which is nothing (= what I do best is doing nothing and there is nothing that I do best), I have now started writing my book and this so far has involved finishing an opening chapter, deciding that I want a different starting point, scrapping the opening chapter, starting to write a new one. But the good thing is that I'm finally killed, drilled through the heart, torn right apart again and I want to write. Not because something bad happened, bu

On Monday I make a small mistake whilst cutting my own hair, which leaves me with a vertical shaved line in the middle of my head, but it's alright because it's at the back and by the time people see it, I'll be already gone

12 comments:

srh said...

more, more, more!

California Shy Guy said...

glad to know that you are alive...

SuperchilledTrevor said...

Do you have an advance yet?
And where on the planet are you?
I hope your mac book is treating you well.

Doug said...

Oh LP! I've missed you so much. I'm glad you're writing again, even if it's not on this blog. :)

Ims said...

Please update your blog like those days. Am dead without you.

Ims said...

Write more, please..

Oldyeller said...

Thanks for giving us an update on your book (and your hair). Assuming you're in London. Wondering if you're able to write exclusively or have had to get a boring job for $. Miss LP.

paul said...

Did my heart good to see you posting...

fallfromgrace said...

If only you were on twitter... you would brighten up my day.

This Princess is missing your writing... write faster!!

Jim said...

What I've learned from the writers who surround me (I don't actually write, they do).

Just write. Sounds simple, but the trick is to get it out of your head and onto the page. Move forward, forward, forward and get it ALL OUT. Don't look back. Don't fine tune the beginning. Don't rewrite.

All of that later stuff is jut that, later stuff.

I can't imagine why you are cutting your hair at home. As my hairdresser once told me, "Home beauty, is rarely both."

London Preppy said...

jim: But I must cut my own hair for that elusive "I'm a straight guy who doesn't care about haircuts" look

Wyler said...

Have missed reading you, so here’s hoping for a “Thursday that feels like a Friday, perhaps even a Saturday” and let’s just leave it at that.