Sunday, 3 August 2008

Sunday 03/08/08

This is a picture-heavy post, so if you’re easily offended by people enjoying themselves, please do not read.  But I know that you will read, won’t you?  (Yes, I’m referring to you) 

On Friday night I’m staying in home alone and on Friday night A Girl is staying in home alone and then we start texting pictures to each other and these pictures are showing our respective slow progress sat in front of the computer / TV / listening to Morrissex / wasting our evenings away. 

Pictures sent at 2112 and 2119:



Pictures sent at 2231 and 2247:



On Saturday Scott picks me up on his motorbike and we head to Brighton.  At Brighton there is something on called Brighton Pride.  So I’m sat on the back listening to my Brighton playlist that I put together the night before, when just outside London – halfway to Brighton maybe – the bike breaks down. 

Then we leave the bike there, then we find a tiny train station in the middle of nowhere and head back to London then catch a train to Brighton. 

So we get there around 1530, but that’s OK, we have about four and a half hours of potential fun left.  I don't know how many people exactly are there, but I’m going to take a wild guess at a lot, and we mainly hang out with: Brendan, Simon, V, Bryant, etc. 

Trying to get in touch with other people that you want to see in nearly impossible because all the phone networks appear to be down. 

In any case, highlights include: 

a) Spending a lot of the time in the Popstarz dance tent (i.e. the indie music one) in order to spend time surrounded by people who I may have a lot in common with, but most likely don’t like me because I look like I go to the gym.  There, they play Beastie Boys Sabotage, followed by No Doubt Just A Girl, followed by MGMT Electric Feel, followed by Hole Violet, followed by Elastica Connection.  For God’s sake, I was listening to Elastica Connection on the way to work on Friday and I wrote about this on here!  (Please note use of exclamation mark, which I usually detest to realise how exciting I found dancing to that song in a club for the first time since I was 17 in Athens) 

b) Moving to the Wild Fruit dance tent (i.e. the idiotic funky house music one) in order to spend time surrounded by people who I most likely have nothing in common with, but like me because I look like I go to the gym.  There, I spend no more than 15 minutes, because it’s a bit boring and dark and I’m not looking to meet anyone anyway. 

Then it’s 2000 and Brighton Pride shuts down and Scott, Bryant, V and I catch the train back to London, then Scott and I meet Brendan and we have dinner, then we go to a bar for 20 minutes and then we go home. 

And here are some pictures from Brighton Pride.  Whatever that is.

Scott and Brendan having a chat.

Scott, Brendan and I in group shot.  Only my face is in the picture because I hover approximately eight inches lower than the average person.


Brendan, Scott, I and Random Girl who wanted to have her picture taken with us.


Brendan, Scott and Bryant in the Popstarz tent.


Me in the Popstarz tent, leaning against a barrier, with a can of beer in hand, trying to look like “the lad”.


Aaah…

Simon, Scott and Bryant having a fruit break.


Scott and Brendan’s monkey that he brought with him for reasons that I can’t quite explain.


Scott and T.


Scott and T and A with lots of things wrapped around their arms.


Scott and Simon and Simon’s boyfriend, F.


Scott and I having a rest, well actually I’m not having a rest at all, it actually hurts a bit with Scott lying on my knee.

Brendan with his monkey, which is still a mystery to me.


Bryant and V on the train back home. 


That's me I guess on the train back home.


Scott on the train back home.

Scott breaking some law or other I’m sure.


Finally, I am off surfing for a few days so I’ll try to post from there. 

Finally finally, I have added a music player at the bottom of the side panel with songs I’ve chosen that you can play while you’re reading the blog if you likes. 

Finally finally finally, the Best Reader Body competition ends in five days, so do send your pictures to london.preppy@gmail.com if you want (details here).

38 comments:

Gav Dublin said...

Yes, picture heavy, but I, for possibly one, prefer your prose over your pictures. Not that there is anything wrong with pictures containing images of you or your friends or, even, random people.

Enjoy the surfing!! Where are you off to?

London Preppy said...

gav: I prefer writing the prose as well, but I like to break it up sometimes. I'm going where I went surfing last time too...

Anonymous said...

the picture of you and Scott is very good. You all make a great pair. Enjoy your surfing.
Andy

Gav Dublin said...

Don't give a straight answer whatever you do. Am I to infer that either:

A. I should remember where you went the last time,

or,

B. I should get off my well upholstered ass and check that particular post.(Metaphorically speaking)

(insert smiley)

London Preppy said...

andy: Thank you

gav: Nah, well I don't like to give straight answers about future events because something could go wrong in the meantime and they could not happen (insert smiley too)

Gav Dublin said...

Insert "laugh out loud".

L.A. Fireman said...

You must be going down to where some of my relatives live again...Newquay. I miss it down there!

What's up with the two inches of underwear, or should I say "knickers" showing in your shirtless pictures? Looks nice on you, but that's how the gangbangers dress out here. I remember a story about a local principal at one school go as far as putting a chain and lock through the belt loops of some kid's pants while at school, because he had his pants down acround the crack of his ass without a belt! He didn't unlock it until the end of the school day.

Trybaby said...

This post made me cry.

Luke said...

Pride looks like fun, I've never been to one of those things except accidentally when I was 5 but I imagine its almost as good as a fete when you are 5.

Like the track, but sadly you can't hear it when posting comments. The Yazoo one was cool. Was given their remixes album, liked the Andy Bell / JC Nobodys Diary thing.

kim said...

looks like scott enjoyed his moment in the 'Popstarz' indie tent ... is that because he wasn't actually listening to the music? this seems out of character for him.

Anonymous said...

I have decided it has became necessary for me to stalk Scott, your assistance is appreciated and thanked in advance for future photos of him

dickophile said...

so is it just me or are your fist two photos begging me to look at your crotch? fyi i dont mind. also, brendans hot. give him to me.

deikse mou said...

Shoulda red barred that monkey's eyes too; now he'll be recognised everywhere. Or is that what he wants? What a total slag!

jhkirkendall said...

L'Prep--

While your body is gorgeous and fit (nice nipple placement, btw), I think my favorite part of you is your smile. Quite lovely.

--Joe in L.A.

Jeff said...

This was an oddly humanizing post. I don't like it. I'm sorry I can't read your blog anymore.((Insert smiley.)With tongue out))

Trey Cruz said...

Lovin the chest! I've been working forever and I can't get something that nice.

Maluminas said...

So did you see anyone one else shirtless? You must enjoy the attention, i can't stand attention.

And whats up with the armbands? Whenever you post pictures of you or your friends shirtless there's always one or more armbands visible... Is it some encrypted gay message I should be aware of?

Have fun with the surfing!

Timmy said...

I'm sure Random Girl was woozy after being photographed with three hot bods. If I were there, I would have considered throwing away my dignity and asking to pose with the three of you as well (with my shirt on of course.)

Anonymous said...

you look a little fat in the one where you are sitting down. just like a little belly.

Gav Dublin said...

Hey prep, I presume you check that visitor location thingamagig. It's really amazing that you have readers from, literally, Anchorage to Adelaide. Fantastic.

george said...

you look funny in your home pics. you look like your constipated.....george

Jakob said...

A Girl is gorgeous!

Alex said...

It's good to see somebody squeezing fun into their lives. Lord knows the rest of us can't.

Graham said...

LP,
Looks like a good weekend, whatever that is. I don't know anymore because I'm permanently chained to my work. Maybe thats for the best.

Enjoy surfing

thebewlaybrother said...

I was down at Brighton and spent quite a bit of time in both Popstarz and Wild Fruit - the former with my boozy friends; the latter with my druggy friends.

Funny thing is they both happen to be the same set of friends.

I guess what I'm saying is that liking the music in Popstarz AND Wild Fruit is not mutually exclusive. Some of us indie kids like to rave too y'know!

Enjoy your surfing.

Brian, Chicago, IL, USA said...

Umm... who is T? I may love him.

MR style said...

u guys look hot and sexy
u guys must be horny i suppose

Mike said...

I'm loving A Girl's shorts and your big hair. Btw, viewing your closes up, I have to ask: do you have pores yet? The monkey thing well... And it's only been illegal for Scott to pee outside after they created laws. Prior to then it was perfectly legal. Have a great holiday!

Jon C said...

You forgot to add the BEE tattoo in the "Scott resting on my leg" and "Me sitting on the train alone" pictures.

Red Exile / Красная Ссылка said...

Brighton & mobile phones. Ah: the memories!

Actually, a genuine issue you raised there...

Between 1994 & 1999, amongst my work-related tasks, was to attend upon the annual Party Conference of the governing British political party and, more or less the year before a General Election seemed likely, the Conference of 'Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition' (as Naturalised citizens I trust are still encouraged to call them, in the spirit of UK parliamentary democracy).

Spent a lot of time in Brighton have I (often bored to screams); but usually - but not always - spent differently from this weekend's habitués...

(experience, however, suggested that the party political conference crowd and the Pride crowd would invariably make a noteworthy 'union' in any Venn Diagram, but anyway...)

...Brighton has awful mobile base station coverage! In 1997 (Labour's Annual Conference I think), it got so bad that the then UK major mobile operators were more-or-less ordered to 'bus in' vehicle-based mobile telephony Base stations to boost capacity. This (allegedly) was *so much fun* for the UK security services to 'sweep', so close were they to the Conference Site.

Given the 'power of the pink pound', I am surprised they didn't do the same for Brighton Pride.

PS: if you ever do a comp for 'most tedious posted-comment ever', I trust this will stand head-&-shoulders above, in all its fabulous nerdy-nudity, as obvious winner!

.Gash said...

You're living but you've got no soul

No-one else has ever heard of IAMX...i've seen them so many times now and am little bit in love with Chris Corner. Do you like the Sneaker Pimps too?

seahorse said...

ask fuzzy bout the word 'kak' because there so many people speaking it. Lol... Like the pale look..coming on very nicely. Loving Greece... Kalispera.

Jack in Sydney said...

Are you okay? I've never known you to go quiet for this long with no explanation. If you're off being morose and moribund, at least tell us about it! Innit?!?!

Paul Burston said...

Love your description of the Popstarz tent v the Wildfruit tent and you not fitting in at either. Makes me wonder how I'll go down at Popstarz in Sep. See, I'm DJing there and I also go to the gym. Will it be like that scene from Frankenstein, ie, skinny indie boys with flaming torches? px

Anonymous said...

I like the monkey! More of the monkey! All Hail Monkey!

Anonymous said...

its easy to see the connection you and scott have, you both look relaxed and happy together, well done!

malcolm said...

do you have any pix of the muscler please?is he in these Brighton ones?or can you tell us more abot him and how he looks?

Paul Burston said...

Re the indie music / gym split - Duckie produced a badge once that read 'Both Siodes Hate Me'. If I can find it, i'll send it to you. px