After the roaring success that was the Best Looking Reader 2007 competition, where approximately only 3% of entrants sent genuine pictures and not pictures they cut and pasted from Free Naked Sportsmen websites (“this is me scoring the winning try for the University Cup last year, it’s a bit blurry because Derek was drunk”), Bodybuilding.com (“I always make the time to read your latest self-loathing rant before I walk on stage slathered in oil and fake tan to flex my muscles”) and the Gant spring/summer 07 catalogue (“I’m a beautiful, sun-kissed, outdoorsy Adonis from Barnsley, South Yorkshire”)…I have decided to bring it all back for this year.
But it’s going to be a little different.
At a desperate attempt to get some proper, genuine entries, this is now going to be the Best Reader Body 2008 competition. This means that you don’t have to send a face picture, or even a face picture with the eyes blocked; just a body shot, so hopefully more people will enter.
Here are the rules for the BRB 08:
1) You must send 2-3 pictures. Definitely not just one. We all know pictures can be misleading – give us a chance innit.
2) As mentioned above, feel free to just send body shots / not include your face. I.e. headless shots perfectly acceptable, if not preferable. This is about body fitness only. Then again, if you want to include your face, or include your face and block your eyes in London Preppy style, I’m not going to stop you, it’s up to you.
3) To make sure that it’s you, please include a London Preppy reference in the pictures that you send. Hold a piece of paper up that says London Preppy, have a computer in the picture with the website on the screen, write LP on your thigh, I don’t care, something like that. In all of them.
4) You can be male or female, or neither or both. I’d rather you were one of the two though. Or just male, really.
5) Please don’t send any completely naked pictures / pictures of your reproductive organs.
6) You don’t have to say what your name is. You can if you want of course, but you can use an alias. As long as you send your age and the city/country where you live, I’m happy.
7) Last time we had this rule where I shouldn’t know you in real life. That’s not valid anymore. Even if I do know you, you can still enter.
As we did last time, I’ll wait for all the entries to come in, narrow it down to a top 5 (top 10? depending on the number of entries) and then we’ll have a public vote amongst all the blog readers.
The prizes are:
a) I’ll dedicate a day’s post to the winner; maybe ask them some questions, that sort of thing (see winner’s post last year)
b) I’ll promote anything you want on the blog for a week (your own blog, your website, etc). Anything that’s not illegal. Wait, I take that back – especially anything that’s illegal.
c) We can sleep together if you want / if you’re that way inclined, but I’m not necessarily forcing this upon you.
d) You can also have £5 in cash via paypal. The prize was £10 last year, but we all know about the state of the UK economy at the moment, plus I’m saving money for my trip.
Please email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have three week starting today, i.e. entries must be submitted by 2359 Friday 8th August.