Saturday, 15 March 2008

Saturday 15/03/08

On Thursday evening I don’t go to the gym but I go for dinner with Matty and Nicole and Niles and Elliott.  And we go to Brown’s in Covent Garden where I have a starter of carrot and asparagus soup, which reminds me why I don’t eat soup, followed by a hot chicken salad with garlic and chilli, roasted red peppers, crispy bacon and avocado, with a side of creamed spinach – none of which I actually enjoy, but I pick on, while everyone else is eating either bacon cheeseburgers with chips or steak, mushroom and Guinness pies and chips.  I really don’t understand how they can do that to themselves.

 

Especially as Elliott reveals at some point that when we all used to live together in a big house in west London, he would sometimes go running having wrapped cling film around his waist, to lose weight.  And when he ran out of cling film, he would wear a plastic bin bag around his torso instead, having cut holes for his arms.  Well, maybe with fewer pies and chips he wouldn’t have to do that, but I’m not here to judge – in fact I think he should keep doing it, because it’s funny.

 

In the end we pay and tip the waiter normally, because we have no complaints – no wait, actually I take this back, my story is that we do NOT tip the waiter for no reason whatsoever and we leave.  Hopefully this will piss off the wait staff who read this blog a bit more.

 

On dress down Friday at work, I decide for the first time in weeks not to wear some ridiculous preppy outfit (i.e. chinos, loafers, some combination of pink and green) and turn up as a normal person in jeans and an Abercrombie t-shirt (don’t worry, you can’t tell it’s Abercrombie) and…

 

…just before lunchtime Pam has this idea that I need to pose shirtless with her toy cow in the toilets and have my picture taken, which I have no reservations about, so once again we lock ourselves in a cubicle and:


After work I go to the gym where I do chest and then on the sunbed where I listen to Sometimes by James, followed by Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust followed by 36 Degrees by Placebo twice and as Placebo sing “I’ve never been an extrovert but I’m still breathing” for the second time, the sunbed goes out and I make my way to the shower. 

On Saturday morning I go to Borders and read a Bret Easton Ellis interview in V magazine, flick through last month’s American GQ and ask if they have Time Out Athens (they do, I don’t look at it) and then I go to the gym. 

In the gym some guy who’s doing bicep curls with a bar and looks very straight and quite sexy asks me to spot him, which is something that always makes me curious.  When somebody walks up to you in the gym and asks you to spot them, are they definitely gay, or do they actually need help?  And if they are straight why would they ask me, I look kinda gay anyway, I would have guessed they’d avoid talking to me. 

Then I get back home, where I watch TV and make plans to take a sleeping pill at 2200, set my alarm for 0400 Sunday morning and go to bed, because

13 comments:

Neil said...

I think you need to take the cow with you everywhere, and document its travels on the blog. Does the cow like museums? Pubs? Will he advise you in M&S or Abercrombie? I'm fairly certain the cow needs to become your spiritual adviser, potentially getting his own blog at some point. preppycow.com anyone?

Dick Pics said...

he must be gay. the whole system of spotting is gay. it just allows str8 guys to be able to look up and see a little bulge. its actually quite ingenious.

London Preppy said...

neil: Fuzzy Logic actually owns the cow and documents her adventures on her blog sometimes...

dick: That's the idea that I have as well.

Bolt Upright said...

Fuck that cow, man! He threw me over after a 12-hour "friendship".

Actually, Fuzzy if you wanna make me not like you, you're gonna have to try a whole lot harder than that.

Trybaby said...

When you said you were wearing an Abercrombie shirt I was like NOOOOO but then kept on reading. Good save.

Am I missing something? I've noticed that you sometimes just don't finish sentences. You justs leave them mid way and end off some paragraphs like that. Is that an allusion to someone or some kind of writing style?

Good choice on the cow, and might I say your torso looks good, nice and long and lean. It's all about the angles baby.

Timmy said...

The part about Elliott wrapping himself in cling film made me laugh because I tried that one time and then realized how ridiculous it is. I see people running in plastic suits in high heat and humidity and I just want to scream at them!!!!

About the spotting...I agree. That's just a way to get a look at a bulge so I would take that as a compliment.

McKenzie said...

Why is it that Stardust only bothered to make one great record? We should petition for a complete album

London Preppy said...

bolt: That little cow is one private animal

trybaby: That is correct, it is an allusion to something or some kind of writing style, have a guess who from!

timmy: I did tell Elliott he'd only be losing water

mckenzie: Seems like a good trick: one perfect record and that's the end of that

Sarah B said...

It's as if Clay from Less Than Zero is alive and well in London! Preppy guy, I just discovered your blog and I love it. Brett Easton Ellis is my absolute favourite author and recently on my first trip to LA I used Less Than Zero (and the film Clueless) as my sole points of reference. I don't think I've ever met anyone who even knows who Brett Easton Ellis is, so reading your blog gives me a nice sense of reassurance. And your Greek? May I congratulate you on your excellent grasp of English. All right, that's enough adoration, wouldn't want it going to your head...

Jeff said...

umm... is my mind playing tricks on me or are both your arms in that photo? one on the cow and the other below the belt line. how did you take the photo? a genius rig of some sort- made from the entrails of a dagger victim perhaps.

London Preppy said...

sarah: Thanks a lot (and welcome)

jeff: Well, somebody else took it. Pam

kim said...

that photo makes you look tall and lean

and I'm interested to see how you and Ms Logic spend time together in the toilets, yet you're only granted one measly line on her blog page about the men in her life ???

Guy Ruben said...

Cows look better next to pecs!