Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Wednesday 27/02/08

So first here’s a reminder that you should send me questions, questions that I will answer at the weekend in a magnificent two-part post.  And these questions can concern anything you like, I will talk about what you want me to: music and love and cars and drugs and ponies, my shoe collection, girls and fashion, boys and girls, boys and fashion, it’s up to you. 

And I’ve had many brilliant questions so far and fewer less brilliant ones (I will answer all) but I want more.  Se email london.preppy@gmail.com or leave a comment. 

Anyway, on Monday evening I go round to Matty’s new flat in Knightsbridge for dinner and Nicole and Niles and Elliott are also there and these guys eat something called Matty’s Famous Potato Dish and I eat turkey breasts with cauliflower and then I have strawberries for dessert and these guys have strawberries with cream that’s gone off and then Matty copies 4,768 songs from my iPod into his iTunes and then I leave. 

On the way back to the tube station I walk past many shops including Gant and decide that if I had it my way I would have a complete wardrobe of Gant and Ralph Lauren clothes and nothing else.  I also walk past a shoe shop and I see some green Fred Perry trainers and these trainers would go really well with a pink polo shirt and khaki shorts and also my new tattoo so I set the alarm on my phone to remind me to get them the next day. 

On Tuesday at lunchtime I go to a different shop in Covent Garden that sells them and I see they do them in green with white or white with green, so I take a picture and I send it to Scott to help me decide. 



And Scott says “Green, definitely green” and I ask to try them and I sit there waiting for 20 minutes until they get them and when they do they are too big so I say, if I ask for the smaller size will it take as long, and the girl says, I don’t know, I’ll have to go downstairs and get them again so I say nevermind I’ll come back another time. 

Then she goes and gets them and it takes 3 minutes this time I decide to buy them and one of them has a tiny smudge on it that you can barely see and they give me a 10% discount, which is fucking ace. 

Back in the office I ask A Girl what do I look like when I’m sitting at my desk pretending to work and A Girl says the following: 

“You look engrossed in your work.  Your eyes are also slightly squinty but in a way that says, ‘I’ve seen this all before, I know how to handle it.’  Also with a slight cockiness, ‘I’m not going to take any shit from anyone’ look.  

This is offset intermittently with very brief periods of severe and utter depths of depression, particularly when you look down at your desk. For just a moment I imagine a large, salty tear drop to come splashing down at your desk but then before I can even finish the thought you go back to your engrossed, experienced and cocky look”. 

And if this is the look I convey, I can’t really ask for anything more.

12 comments:

r!ch said...

A question for the weekend (prompted by "A girl's" description of you at your desk): Do you see yourself in any sort of rehabilitation clinic at some point in your life? Even just for the experience, if you haven't been booked in before now...

You wouldn't want to pay for this of course you could just call your psychiatrist and tell him that you've murdered Scott, which set off a chain reaction of gruesome acts done by you, at which point he'd burst out laughing. No, that's crap ending... I can do better...

kim said...

sounds like you've nailed the ultimate world-weary, over-educated, nihilistic look

London Preppy said...

r!ch: Question added

kim: I think it's actually a case of having the look first and then finding the way to describe it. This is why I think I've found my niche and I'm sticking with it. I was the way I am and then I read BEE and I thought, now really I won't find anything to describe me more accurately

franck said...

Wait, I've just asked of a second question: OMG, you have a shoe collection?

Gerry said...

Engrossed, experienced and cocky. Sounds like my next tattoo.

London Preppy said...

franck: I'll answer this one now. Well, the first paragraph of the post is mostly lifted from a song ;-)

gerry: Make sure to add "clueless but faking it" in there too

Bolt Upright said...

I've noticed your penchant for Miss Kittin before. Didn't she feature in your coming out story?

London Preppy said...

bolt: Yes, she was there. She's fucking everywhere

kim said...

I think it's actually a case of having the look first and then finding the way to describe it. This is why I think I've found my niche and I'm sticking with it. I was the way I am and then I read BEE and I thought, now really I won't find anything to describe me more accurately

This is, to me, a monumental revelation.

I could write a long-winded explanation, but I think it speaks for itself.

kim said...

I think it's actually a case of having the look first and then finding the way to describe it. This is why I think I've found my niche and I'm sticking with it. I was the way I am and then I read BEE and I thought, now really I won't find anything to describe me more accurately

This is, to me, a monumental revelation.

I could write a long-winded explanation, but I think it speaks for itself.

Guy Ruben said...

I'm sure you've answered these Q somewhere, but...

1. How hung are you?
2. Cut or uncut?
3. Will you please leave me a myspace comment? = )

London Preppy said...

guy: I don't use myspace at all anymore, but sure I will