Sunday, 10 February 2008

Sunday 10/02/08

So as we all know I recently stole and idea from Bobby Vanquish and ordered some ridiculous Aussiebum swimming trunks in the subtle colour of gold, even though they call them “chocolate” on their website.  Here are a couple of pictures of models wearing them and because we don’t look like that and are bitter, let’s also add that these pictures are fake / digitally enhanced / whatever.


Anyway, this week both Bobby and I receive our respective ridiculous trunks in the post (you can read Bobby’s reaction by clicking here), but to be honest we both have had more or less the same thought: I am not going out in public wearing that.  

You can’t tell from the pictures, but these are made from the thinnest, most shameless material imaginable, they have no lining whatsoever and I’m sure they break at least three public decency laws. 

Here is a picture of me wearing them and I’m not going to definitely say right now that I’m never ever wearing them, but if I do and you see me, you must know that I’m on ___


Anyway, part from that here are a few more pictures for today, from things I said I’d show you in the last couple of weeks and I never got round to it.

1) This is a picture of Matty's, Nicole's and my skis while we're sitting on a ski lift.  Sitting on a ski lift was one of the most enjoyable parts of skiing.


2) This is a picture of me balancing a big block of ice on my head.  I'm not going to pretend it didn't take 35 attempts to achieve this.


3) This is a picture of me sculpting that block of ice in order to make it a bit more head-friendly.  I like this picture a lot, because it shows who I really am and people who know me will know what I mean.



4) This is a picture I took in a French supermarket.  It shows a wobbly chocolate thing they were selling there and it looks like something I'd be interested in interacting with.

5) This is a picture of my raspberry cheesecake.  I drew a little heart on the remaining cheesecake and spelt Josh's name in the raspberry sauce.  Josh was a staff member that I obsessed over during my skiing holiday.  I don't know if the girl who picked up my plate actually showed it to Josh, but I rally hope she did.


6) This is a picture of me looking smug on the slopes.  The smugness can be explained by the fact that I am static.


7) This is a more accurate picture of what was going on on the slopes.


8) Ditto


9) This is a picture of Matty and me, sitting in a French pub, waiting for John A and Emma! to arrive.  Obviously we are having no fun of our own without them.  PS.  The beer is not mine.


10) This is a picture of our skiing friends, in our usual spot in front of the open fire (out of shot), playing board games.  Clockwise from left: Emma, John B, Matty, John A, Emma!, Nicole.



And this was the end of a picture special, which won't be happening again soon.

30 comments:

Marcus said...

Those trunks make your nipples look terrific!

blueyedboy said...

The cheesecake thing is hilarious.

Tim in Italy said...

I can't pretend to get excited over a swim suit that small. You might as well just go naked. When I was of an age where extreme undress was acceptable for me I don't remember ever seeing anything quite that small outside of a thong which was, and is, at least for me, always synonymous with 'trashy' somehow.

Anyway, I was a surfer boy in those days more than a gay beach boy, and board shorts were the order of the day for me and my pals. Sometimes mis-guided or lost gay boys would show up on our surfer beach in speedos. Once I wandered over to make friends and in the process asked why they wore those skimpy things. The most beautiful one, of course, sniffed before turning up his nose at me saying, "We're just not long trunks people".

London Preppy said...

marcus: Maybe I should wear them then

blueyedboy: I know. I just hope he saw it

tim: This is line I will borrow and use myself, if you don't mind. Well I actually I wish I were board shorts people...

Jon C said...

I'm pretty sure you look exactly like the guy who is standing on the beach wearing those trunks.

If he can do it, you can too.

London Preppy said...

jon: Oh Jon, you know what to say to all the boys

Timmy said...

If you were going to wear those in public, you could wear them to a nude beach and then take them off when you are ready to frolic and tan. Even in my book, they do look a bit skimpy.

I like the way that all of your friends resemble each other, even the new friends, what with the red rectangle on their eyes. In a world of diversity it is nice to know that their rectangle boxes are a bit different.

Bobby Vanquish said...

So I can't make up my mind about what I think now.
Actually I think you do look quite good in them.

Riky said...

I think you can pull 'em off.

London Preppy said...

timmy: Of course - every square reflects individual personalities

bobby / riky: Thanks. Still not sure though!

Jonathan said...

I shall preface this by saying that I consider myself to be a wanna-be trashy fag (aka I wish I could wear such trashy clothing and look semi decent, but I can't so I don't). However, not withstanding the trashiness of the "garment" the suit fits you in the same way that it fits the model. This is a rare state of being. I suppose a good one?

London Preppy said...

jonathan: Yep, the trashiness factor is the most worrying here. I might have to model for a small group of close firends in real life and decide then...

kim said...

i'm confused ... aren't you AGAINST getting a tan?

London Preppy said...

kim: Definitely on other people. Not sure pale looks good on me though

kim said...

I would have thought being tanned in London would open you up to innumerable hate crimes?

Jim said...

You are one of the few people who still looks like the ad when they put the trunks on.

If you don't wear them who can?

If need be, send me the photos and I'll give you a tan as well.

Jon C said...

I just speak the truth. Plus, I figure if you can stand in the snow and take pictures with a block of ice, and leave love notes in cheesecake, I'm pretty sure you can wear some skimpy suit to the beach.

Me... not so much. You... definitely. Just be sure to take pictures.

semistraight said...

Horrid color, but the rest of them...well I'm sure there is worse. And after all, you've got the body to go along with this kind of err "revealing" clothing.

It's late and I'm sleep deprived, thus I'm thinking - why not make this another step of escalation for your work wardrobe debacle? Just don't ask me for any reasonable explanation as to why you would show up in your office in swimming trunks...

Riky said...

the only thing I'd worry about in wearing these shorts is that if yah' get cold your hose might look like a button or if yah' get hard it might just pop out. :(

Will said...

Hey LP, (Baywatch babe!)

Nice trunkies!

W:)

george said...

i think you look hot in the aussiebums...and i am not sucking up. you might be pale but the colour actually compliments your pastie white toned body......i like your snow outfit. very understated......the shirt in the pic that you are with matty. is that the same striped shirt you popped a button at work?.......george

S said...

The lines, symmetry... it's too much! With your package and legs the flimsy fabric fits just right. I agree with Riky though, if you are prone to throw a bone, you will not be able to hide anything. All considered, I'd say go for it! Knock their socks off!!!

Frontier Psychiatrist said...

Emma!, please!

Knees together!

Northern Monkey said...

Your seriously funny I laugh and relate so much with your mind. ha ha

Fresco said...

I have the same trunks.
Have you worn them wet yet?
I know... it's... eh... not for shy boys... but... well... when you've
got it...
And because I'm a complete slut, I have them in red, green, blue and
black too.

Cool hat by the way, very eh... cool.

(Great post on 06/02/08!)

London Preppy said...

jim: Yes please I would like a tan, I'll email you pic

semi: Well, there is a pool just next to work and sometimes in the summer i go and sit there at lunchtime. Maybe wear them next time. Then I won't even have to quit, they'll just fire me

riky: Is there anything to take that kills hard ons?

will: Thanks - I guess another vote for me wearing them!

george: Well spotted! I actually have it on two colours - brown stripes and burgundy stripes. Ripped the brown one

s: Again, adding to the overwhelming "wear them" response!

frontier: Emma! No bloody manners

northern: Thank you :-)

fresco: No I haven't. Eek. Should I be even more scared? Maybe a photoshoot in the bathtub will answer all questions

Impressed Guy said...

Hello hello, ti kaneis?! Thanks gia to comment tis proalles sto blog mou, einai ontws kolash to Irlandaki!

To magio an kai mikroskopiko sou paei. Fysika eksartatai pws niwtheis kai o idios mesa se afto!

Elpizw na mhn thes sta alitheia na kaneis plastikh - nomizw pws mia xara deixneis opote den aksizei na mpeis se toso megalh talaipwria - trust me einai megaaaaalh talaipwria!

Asxeto twra pou egines Agglos glytwses to strato edw?

Filia from Athens!!!

London Preppy said...

impressed: Dystyxos o stratos metraei akoma! Alla pros to paron den m'exoiund kalesei!

Riky said...

A tab of e_t_cy.

Guy Ruben said...

Yay picture fun! I think you actually pull the speedos off pretty well. Now, really, i want you to pull them off! Blockhead = )