Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Tuesday 11/12/07

I promise to never do this again, but to be honest work is very busy so I left the office at 1930 which threw me completely off schedule and I didn’t even go to the gym and I came straight home where I did 450 sit ups and 150 press ups, but that still doesn’t count and anyway I’m tired and I can’t motivate myself to write stories even though I know I still need to talk about the weekend so… 

…thank God that Fuzzy Logic tagged me to do one of those blog lists which I normally hate, but I can almost bear this one because it’s music related, so I’m going to use it for today’s post. 

And this is how it works: 

You take your iPod

You put it on Shuffle

You look at the questions below

The next song that comes on is your answer for each question 

However, I’m going to change this game a bit and also give a proper answer to each question, because I’m a special boy and I don’t do what I’m told, apart from all the times when I have no choice and I do do what I’m told and I’m very obedient – for example at work – but I do it in a sulky and menacing way that makes you regret asking me in the first place. 

Here goes… 

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?


iPod says: Starlight by Supermen Lovers (I don’t know what this means.  What a crap game).

I says: I say “sure this is OK” because I’m very cordial and don’t like confrontation but I usually don’t mean it

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?


iPod says: High Fidelity by Kids From Fame (I don’t know why this song is on my iPod.  I regret playing this game already if all it makes people think that I listen to the Kids From Fame)

I says: Hmm…I guess the song High Fidelity by Kids From Fame is the closest testimonial to my personality that’s ever been put down to audio track

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?


iPod says: You Have Killed Me by Morrissey (This tells us that I am a masochist who likes to have his heart broken which I suppose isn’t too far from the truth)

I says: In a guy I like somebody with lots of issues, a steroid addiction and pale skin.  In a girl I like anorexia

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?


iPod says: Alone Together by The Strokes (This appears to me like a contradiction in terms which I can’t even begin to work out because I am very simple)

I says: Today I feel like I shouldn’t have missed the gym

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?


iPod says: Lucky Love by Ace Of Base (This tell us that I have way too many shit songs on this thing)

I says: My life’s purpose is to live it in public

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?


iPod says: Narayan by The Prodigy (I’m sorry I don’t speak Chinese)

I says: My motto is: absolutely all regrets

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?


iPod says: Candles by Alex Reece (This tells us that I am a shining light, a beacon of hope for all my friends)

I says: My friends think of me that I don’t like them enough to leave the house in order to go and meet them and I like Sabrina The Teenage Witch more, which is probably true

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?


iPod says: Going Down by The Stone Roses (This tells us that my parents like oral sex)

I says: I think that they are two people that would have benefited from being taller

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?


iPod says: Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious B.I.G. (It’s funny my iPod should say that because I swear to God I have never thought this and never will)

I says: I think very often that this could be the last day that I’m able to stand on my feet

10. WHAT IS 2+2?


iPod says: Do Something by Britney Spears (For fuck’s sake what song could have possibly answered this question)

I says: 4

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?


iPod says: Daybreak by The Stone Roses (I don’t get it)

I says: I think that my best friend is very kind and big

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?


iPod says: Musclecar by Mylo (Finally, an accurate one.  Everyone likes muscles)

I says: I don’t know who I like at the moment.  It’s certainly not Scott who I rang at 2100 and it turns out he’s in Soho having dinner with some S&M/bondage guy he met at The Hoist on Saturday night and he didn’t tell me about so I hang up on him

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?


iPod says: I Still Remember by The Bloc Party

I says: I’m Trying To Forget But It’s Not Happening

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?


iPod says: Army Of Me by Bjork (That’s not true either, I don’t want to go in the army because I don’t think they could accommodate my diet)

I says: I want to be a normal, un-tortured guy please

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?


iPod says: Pure Shores by All Saints (Again, no idea)

I says: When I see any person I like I think they are perfect and I obsess for about 10 minutes, then I get over it

16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?

iPod says: You’ll See by Madonna (This tells us that my parents think I’m gay)

I says: My parents think of me that I don’t like them enough to leave the room in order to talk to them when I go back to visit and I like Greek sitcoms more, which is probably true

17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?


iPod says: Thunder by East 17 (Using the original choreography)

I says: I don’t want to get married unless there is a bride cause otherwise it’s just a bit gay

18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?

iPod says: The Father Who Must Be Killed by Morrissey (I’m sure there is something to say here, but I can’t find it)

I says: I don’t want any music played at my funeral please.  I want a paragraph from Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis though (Andrew already knows this)

19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?


iPod says: The Chemistry Between Us by Suede (In this song Brett Anderson tells us “Class A, Class B, is that the only chemistry between us?”  I’m unaware what this might refer to)

I says: My main hobby is regret

20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?


iPod says: Bring It All Back by S Club 7 (My biggest secret is that when S Club 7 came out I wanted to sleep with all of them)

I says: This is funny because I do have many secrets, which you might not have thought because you could imagine I write everything on here

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?


iPod says: Music Is My Hot Hot Sex by CSS (This tells us that apart from Sabrina The Teenage Witch I also prefer music to my friends)

I says: I’m bored of this and would like to continue watching Frasier now

22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?
 

I don’t get this question.  Goodbye.

12 comments:

Silly Billy said...

S Club 7? Really?

London Preppy said...

silly billy: Yes :-(

Andre said...

"I want to be a normal, un-tortured guy please"

yeah right... normal people don't get Sabrina...

chabang said...

there's nothing wrong with S-club!

Give it another year and it'll be their turn to re-form.

London Preppy said...

andre: Thank you! Only somebody with real depth can get Sabrina's intriguing undertones

chabang: I still stand for Bring it all back. NOTHING wrong with that song

Dan said...

A friend of mine back in DC had a similar game - iPod Tarot. It's a little better because, like most psychic BS schemes, the questions/answers are more open to interpretation.

Or maybe that's worse. Whatever.

http://www.jimbo.info/weblog/2005/05/ipod-tarot.html

Alistair_London said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of S-club now and again. My personal favourite is “S-club party” because of the brilliant middle 8 where the lyric perfectly explains each individual’s personality or job in the group.
Tina's Doing Her Dance – Did she ever sing? No, she danced about like Bambi on hotplate.

Jon's Looking For Romance – Of the manlove kind of course.

Paul's Gettin' Down On The Floor – With Hannah, no doubt.

While Hannah's Screaming Out For More – Please see above.

Wanna See Bradley Swing – He’s the bi one then.

Wanna See Rachel Do Her Thing – Which involved pushing her boobs out, pouting, winking and being slutty /fabulous.

Then We Got Jo She's Got The Flow – Great singer but grumpy i.e. permanently got the painters in.

george said...

ooooww....kid's from fame on your ipod....me too. i'm not ashamed!!! this post was good but couldn't withstand another one....HA!!!.....suicide is painless - by keren ann.......george

Skip said...

Am in your building again. Inspired to leave you something the Librarian would approve of. It's in a small black bag behind the large fire extinguisher on the 6th floor.

London Preppy said...

skip: Ha ha! Got it! Thanks. And very well hidden too...

London Preppy said...

skip: I've finished this already (on the way back home). A bit of an easier read than the bloody Castle. Definitely up there with the librarian's recommendations!

Skip said...

Brilliant. I did consider buying you either "Mr Strong" or "Mr Skinny" - but the latter turns out to be about a thin man trapped in Fatland who just wants to "get a belly" so he can fit in and stay again with his doctor friend. I shuddered and popped it back on the shelf.