First here’s a reminder that you can keep voting for the BLR 07 competition until Sunday evening. So far the results are as follows:
One contestant has 64% of the vote
One contestant has 20% of the vote
One contestant has 12% of the vote
One contestant has 4% of the vote
One contestant has 1% of the vote
So one contestant is clearly winning then, which I guess is a good sign and means that the Best Looking Reader will be a popular choice. You can still vote here.
Anyway, on Wednesday night I go to bed and I’m reading the final pages of the Reader’s Guide to American Psycho by Julian Murphet. And I as I get to the end there are some suggestions for further reading, which include Tom Wolfe and Ernest Hemmingway and F Scott Fitzgerald, many more books that I want to read and many more things that I want to know but there just isn’t enough time in my life, which I’m quickly running out of.
And this book also depresses me (even though I enjoy reading it a lot) because the writer manages to provide an analysis of American Psycho in a highly sophisticated but still accessible manner, in a way that I could never do even though Bret Easton Ellis’ writing means so much to me. It makes me feel inadequate and not so smart. And this is one of few times I can remember that I wish I were smarter (I usually wish I were better looking) and I find this hard to deal with lying in my bed on that Wednesday night, so I take a Valium followed by a Zimovane and then I fall asleep.
Right, I have now transferred all my music to my Mac and will be getting online on it as well within the next couple of days. Which reminds me, I hope this happens seamlessly and I don’t have any interruptions (I’m also changing providers this weekend), but if I disappear for a couple of days you’ll know why.
However, having transferred my music means that I’ve lost all my play counts and I’m starting from scratch. So no more 95 plays for Samantha Fox I’m afraid.
This also means that I will now stop including play count information for 3 songs at the end of each post, but before I stop I thought I’d show you a list of the top 15 most played new songs that came out in 2007, plus (being the end of the year) my top 5 albums released in 2007.
My most played songs released in 2007 are:
1. With Every Heartbeat – Kleerup ft Robyn (100 plays)
2. Love Is Gone – David Guetta (71 plays)
3. It’s All True – Tracey Thorn (68 plays)
4. Let Me Know – Roisin Murphy (57 plays)
5. Love Is Dead – Brett Anderson (55 plays)
6. Overpowered – Roisin Murphy (44 plays)
7. Earth Intruders – Bjork (42 plays)
8. Future Calls The Dawn – Felix Da Housecat (42 plays)
9. The Prayer – Bloc Party (37 plays)
10. Innocence – Bjork (29 plays)
11. Back To You – Brett Anderson (29 plays)
12. Heart Shaped Glasses – Marilyn Manson (27 plays)
13. An End Has A Start – Editors (25 plays)
14. Brianstorm – Arctic Monkeys (23 plays)
15. Radio Nowhere – Bruce Springsteen (22 plays)
My top 5 albums that came out in 2007 are:
1. Overpowered – Roisin Murphy
2. Volta – Bjork
3. Chase This Light – Jimmy Eat World
4. Brett Anderson – Brett Anderson
5. A Weekend In The City – Bloc Party
If you can be bothered, show me yours.