So this is what we’re going to do. We’re going to have a competition for the Best Looking Reader (BLR) of the London Preppy blog. (This competition will be referred to as BLR 2007 from now on). This is obviously a very prestigious award, up there with the Nobel Prize for Peace, the Smash Hits Readers Poll Most Fanciable Male and the Grammy for Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals.
How this is going to work is that you’ll send in some pictures of yourself, the small panel of judges - comprising me, Pam (aka Fuzzy Logic) and American Girl - will come up with a shortlist, and finally we’re going to have a public vote to decide a final winner.
Here is some information on the Rules, some Disclaimers and of course the Prizes:
- All blog readers are eligible to enter this competition
- All blog readers that I DON’T KNOW IN REAL LIFE that is. This means that we are looking for new talent and not the usual idiots that I see every day, like Scott, Donnell, Mean etc. According to the recent poll, I only know 6% people who read this blog anyway, so we’re not eliminating too many contestants
- The competition is open to both male and female readers, but if you actually are a female reader I wouldn’t bother. Nah, only joking, it’s all about equal opportunities at BLR 2007
- You must send at least a couple of pictures if yourself (I guess as proof that it’s really you), not just a fake picture of a random guy you found on Sean Cody and wish you looked like. This isn’t myspace
- Ideally we would have a picture of your face and one body shot. Please lose the shirt
- To enter, please send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. I said email@example.com, OK?
1) I understand that I don’t show my face on here, so I think it’s only fair that I don’t expect you to either. You can either send your pictures with an already placed red block across your eyes (London Preppy™) or alternatively, don’t worry, I will do the red square myself if I choose to publish your pictures. Please note: only use a red square, we will not accept blurs, yellow dots, black circles or anything else.
Please only cover your eyes with the red block, we need to see some of your face. Don’t try to cover your potato nose if you have one, I’ll be able to tell. Now if you think your strength are your eyes and you’re not doing yourself justice by covering those, I don’t know, cover your ears and show your eyes, cover your forehead and show your teeth, you’ll figure something out, you’re not dumb. According to the poll so far half the people reading this have a PhD (ahem!)
Of course if you have no problem with showing your face, please point it out and I won't cover your natural beauty with stupid red blocks, it's up to you.
2) Yes I know this is very stupid and shallow, but it’s also fun so take it elsewhere Einstein
a) The winner gets to sleep with me.
As I realize that this is not something the average person would really go for, you can turn that down if you win, it’s up to you. We also have:
b) A personal tribute to you written by me.
This will take the form of the usual write up I do (for example the post with the England rugby players and the Princes drinking, every Josh Lewsey reference I’ve ever made, the post with the things on my desk), i.e. it will be affectionate and funny. Also, the tribute will be posted on a Monday when I get the most people visiting (about 1,300 at the moment = instant fame). If this is still not enough, we also have:
c) £10 is hard cold cash, sent to you via paypal
So there you have it, 3 amazing prizes you can’t say no to. You can have all 3 or choose the ones you want. Now, send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries is Saturday 10th November 2359 UK time.
PS. You shouldn’t hesitate to send your pictures for fear that I might take the piss, of course I won’t. I may be hollow but I’m nice. And making fun is not the point of this of course, if I wanted to do that I’d open the London Lite and respond to some of the readers’ letters.
PPS. Muscly, red-haired/ginger contestants with flawless white skin are particularly encouraged.