Monday, 24 September 2007

Monday 24/09/07

On Saturday afternoon (after spending all morning lying on the sofa and watching TV and reading stuff) I meet Scott and we go to the gym where we do chest and then we go to Borough market, which is an outdoor food market.

After my experience at Vauxhall market a couple of weeks ago – where I had a panic attack and nearly passed out because it was so hideous – I come prepared carrying some Valium in my wallet. But I needn’t have worried about that, because Borough market is a completely different beast to be honest, and everyone who goes there is of a decent demographic and I’m sure they have OK jobs and enough money to buy ostrich eggs and boxes of raspberry & chocolate truffles and small expensive bottles of chili-flavoured olive oil.

I walk away with a jar of red grapefruit marmalade and a jar of strawberry & vanilla royale jam. I don’t know what the difference between jam or marmalade or conserve is, I’m just typing what I see on the label.

In the evening Scott and I go to Brendan’s house party briefly but we can’t stay very long because we have to go to this club later and play with some people there. Let me point out that we are NOT going clubbing, as I said recently I don’t really feel like going clubbing until Christmas at least, but on this occasion we have to be there for a couple of hours for reasons I don’t care to go into now.

So we get to the club (Matinee at Area) around 2300 and we mostly hang out in the staff area upstairs and play with the promoter who’s our friend (Tyler), the drag queen who’s actually very cool and we like a lot (Heidi Licious) and a large number of dancers who we don’t really chat to much, because a) they don’t speak any English as they’re all Spanish or Brazilian and b) they’re too busy oiling their muscles up and squeezing into tiny shorts anyway.

And while I’m there I’m thinking that there is a large number of people who would probably pay money to observe this spectacle at such close proximity (i.e. 6-8 insanely muscled Latin guys getting changed quite publicly, getting greased up and doing exercises to pump their bodies up in preparation for 20 minutes on the club podium), but I’m immune to the charms of this kind of person so I’m, thankfully, unaffected. I regret not taking pictures actually so I could show you, but at the time I had other things on my mind.

In any case, we only stay until about 0130 and then we’re off home leaving all this fun behind. At that time the club is more or less filling up and there’s still a big queue outside and everyone has about 5-6 hours ahead of them of getting half-naked and dancing and making frequent trips to the toilet and sweating and passing out but I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything. Definitely not because I’m looking down on all these things and I think I’m so much better (that would be really hypocritical – these ARE some of my favourite activities after all), but because right now I want to have a break.

And finally, here’s a picture of poster for the Cage Rage Fighting Championship (that world famous event) which I see on Saturday near Borough market. And I would love to have gone and watch that if I had known about it earlier, because I may find gym-fit oiled up go-go dancers in gay clubs quite repulsive, but I can’t think of anything sexier than watching a few muscled, straight guys with attitude problems kicking the shit out of each other.




I have 2 songs by the Cocteau Twins and I've played them 99 times
I have 1 song by Coldcut and I've played it 22 times
I have 9 songs by Coldplay and I've played them 66

Number of days since I've sent the new article to AXM and haven't heard back: 7

12 comments:

Andre said...

So, I went to the Cage Rage Championship website (www.cagerage.tv) because I've never heard of it before. I scrolled down in the 'fighters' section and I chose my favourite fighters. If I was an emperor I'd make them fight for their life in front of me.

Vitor "the hot one" Belfort VS Brad "the lad with the hat" Pickett

Who would you choose? And please don't dare saying Butterbean!

London Preppy said...

andre: I have to say I'm very impressed by the website. Particularly the "babes" section. Every fight needs some naked women parading around - otherwise why would we go and see it?

As fir the fighter - God they're all ugly. This is a sport that needs some serious sexing up

Andre said...

hey, they are not THAT ugly... I mean, the ones I chose are kinda sexy (or maybe my standards are getting lower and lower...).

Please go and watch the promo on the babes section (the girl with the bandana is my fav one, especially when she licks the pole).

http://www.cagerage.tv/media/flash/twc_promo/twc.html

I'ts actually interesting to see in the babes profiles that their favourite food is meat and chinese food. And Ms. Caroline Hall actually works in "Corporate Events Management / Promotions". They may be skanks, but they have a brain.. ahaha!

tyler said...

sorry, andre: BUTTERBEAN is da man!
i also like a cage fighter who wears a hat: so bobby pickett is also a fave.
but the best one i think is jeremy bailey though i'm wondering wouldn't his corn row/extensions prove to ba a target to his opponents? cyborg is pretty hot in a bend me over and have your way with me...way. (not that anyone would have a choice with him, but who knows...sometimes these types start squealing like pigs the minute they hit the sheets.
hey lp!
peace,
tyler

nylon said...

Hey!

What made you get over the clubbing? I'd really love to know the secret and be "mature" for a change!!

My friend, who I came to the States with from London 2 years ago, feels the same way - he doesn't miss clubbing at all.

Last time we went to London together he only made it to the Box once (and spent the rest of the weekend doing "normal" things like seeing friends and having nice dinners) whereas I didn't sleep all weekend, just like a proper trashbag - lol! :)

London Preppy said...

nylon: I'm not sure really. It's too tiring and it takes too much out of you in the long term. Not to mention that I've been in a relationship for 2 years and there is no mitivation to go out and meet people obviously!

chabang said...

ooooh i'm in my element here (and frankly i'm shocked this wasn't a question on the citizen test) - there's nothing more british than the subtle difference between Jam, Jelly, Conserve, Preserve, marmalade...

Jelly = fruit based with no "bits" in
Jam = fruit based with chunks / lumps AND seeds in it
Conserve = pretentious jam with the seeds taken out
Preserve = not necessarily fruit based and with big whole chunks in
Marmalade = jelly with bits of skin or peel added.

take notes, there will be a suprise test at the end of the month.

t

seahorse1979 said...

hey

just a quick hi to say that i've reading your blog and still got some more to do. Love it and there are so many similarities which i would love to share with you and also maybe get some advice from regarding certain issues you've dealt with mainly the paralysis debacle. Will be in touch, take care.
P.s. why cover up your face on blog if its blasted all over the net anyway?

N

Tim in Italy said...

And people say you're mental? Shows how much they know.

DAVID said...

The guy in the poster reminds me of Scott.

London Preppy said...

chabang: Wow. Thanks for this informative (and slightly worrying) update!

seahorse: Well, I don't mind my face being on the internet. It's the combination of face + innermost thoughts on one website that stops me from showing it here though

Knight said...

For the current poll can we choose a bit of EACH? =) A bit of stories to entertain us, a bit of visual LP to help us picture you better, a bit of iPod stats to share your taste, a bit of demented S & M videos to keeps the haters away and lovers here ;-)