Friday, 28 September 2007

Friday 28/09/07

On Fridays at work I choose to dress down, which means that I can wear jeans and occasionally a t-shirt and this is a trend that quite a few people follow, even though it’s not official company policy. There are of course people who dress like tramps every day of the week, but we are not here to judge. Or concern ourselves with those losers.

This Friday though I’m going for dinner and to the theatre after work and I arrange to wear something that would also look alright there. And this something is a pair of Energie jeans, my H&M pink shirt (tucked in obviously), a Louis Vuitton belt that’s falling apart even though it’s not fake, a military style grey cardigan from Reiss and Gucci loafers. And here’s a picture of what this looks like which I take before I leave home.



Sorry about all the clothes chat, but I do like clothes a lot, even though not as much as some gays who work in fashion or read Arena Homme + or refer to Dolce & Gabbana as “Dolce” of course. I don’t really have an interest in fashion itself to be honest; I just think that I have an OK perception of what goes and what doesn’t.

Anyway, I wanted to dedicate the rest of this post to women. No wait, come back, we’re only gonna slag them off. Well some aspects of them only, I’m sure they’re really great otherwise.

Some gay men have lots of girlfriends. I have never really been able to do that. With 1-2 exceptions, I really don’t have any long term female friends. The main reason for this is that women just don’t like me or get me – both on a physical and an emotional level.

When I wasn’t aware of being gay yet and was trying to go out with girls, they just didn’t want to know. I think that when I get close to a woman, a chemical imbalance occurs and she becomes repulsed by me, because they really, really don’t fancy me.

On a sociable level, we just don’t have anything to talk about and they mostly don’t get my sense of humour. It’s not like I’m so bloody masculine and talk about cars and sport all the time – for God’s sake my chat does involve celebrities and clothes a lot, but somehow that’s still not enough. I think that even on those topics of conversation my manner is a mixture of self-deprecation, pessimism and sarcasm, which just doesn’t translate to the opposite gender (mostly).

I must stress – I am generalizing here, because the VERY occasional girl does come along that I get on with, but I’m certainly not at ease with having a group of fag hags or whatever you want to call them.

And now just to piss off the last few female readers of this blog (sorry), I will list a few examples of annoying habits I can think of.

- When you’re in a crowded bar and somebody’s trying to get through and they jab you in the ribs or burn you with their cigarette, I find that most of the time once you turn around and look it’s a girl. This is because girls think the world owes them and they can get away with anything. Also men tend to be more careful in situations like that, because they don’t want to appear aggressive or be abrupt involuntarily as this might lead to confrontation and possibly a fight. Girls are less concerned, because they think that we won’t hit them back. In my case, being near the average height for a Northern European girl I would like to think that it’s fairer for me to fight girls than boys, so I’m not sure this rule applies to me

- When I’m in the gym and waiting for the water fountain, it often happens that a girl will come and try to cut it, ignoring the queue that’s already there. This is because girls think that all men are stupid and their actions are controlled by their sexual desires, so once again, they can get away with anything in return for some mild flirtation / batting of their eyelashes / whatever it is that they do. So yes, in all honesty men ARE stupid and their actions are controlled by their sexual desires, but on this occasion I’m so glad I’m gay and therefore immune to their feminine charms

- Er…that’s all I can think of really. So yes, I guess I went off on one against all women because some broad nudged me in a club once and another one stole my turn at the water fountain

I have 1 song by Courtney Love and I’ve played it 44 times
I have 6 songs by Craig Armstrong and I’ve played them 56 times
I have 1 song by Craig David and I’ve played it 4 times

13 comments:

Brechi said...

Well, that's a timely post for me. Another one of my female friendships just exploded and is now terminated. Sigh. I'm now at the point where I will guard myself against becoming close with females.

tyler said...

i guess i am the opposite of you on this one: my best friends are women and str8 men. it's gay men that are a problem for me.
the "women feel that they are superior" around men is mostly true in my experience though. and your using men's hormones as the reason is a sound one.
str8 men put women on a pedastle. from a very early age. men look at girls/women as unatttainable, mysterious, sexual and alluring. women feed off of this evergy as they get older and react as you describe: many women take advantage of this and act like jerks because in this one arena (the sexual attraction one) they have the upper hand.
if you really think about it: good looking gay men have the same kind of hold on other gay men and use it just as str8 women do: young gays over older ones, etc.
the truth is we all are looking for our own personal "foot up" in the world whether it be our looks, our brains, our social position, our money. it's the way of the world.
and though it is curious that you mostly do not get along with women, i think you'd be fun as hell to sit with and share some food, wine and sparkling convo.
peace,
tyler

Trevor said...

There are women in this world?
Who would a thunk it?
I see only men.
Maybe I need a girl detector, but then again, after reading your post, maybe not...

ARN said...

Hello London Preppy,

Congratulations on your blog. It's quite an enthralling read.

I just wanted to share with you that it took me 18 keystrokes and 2 mouse clicks, starting from google to find your myspace page.

I don't like myspace.

All the best.

Adam.

dit said...

You are funny. Thanks for sharing.

Mike said...

Girls in clubs are the worst. They do exactly what you say: they poke and push with their hands. Guys, if they need to get through, use their bodies and squeeze by, which is fine. I have no idea why girls have to touch. Can’t they just say excuse me? Moreover, I really hate when someone touches me and I'm not anticipating their touch. It drives me batty. I seldom go into crowded places.

Since you started on the topic: another thing that I find annoying about females is their inability to speak on their mobile phone and manipulate their way through a public area. I constantly find myself dodging them or waiting behind them as they to bumble their way through a doorway or such. And what I don’t understand is why when they are talking to another person face-to-face they are fully functional. It’s only when they are on the phone, they lose major functionality.

And another thing (then I’ll stop), short girls in heels! I always seem to get stuck behind them. First of all their gait, inherently, isn’t very long, but then they add six inch heels to the equation. They can barely walk, now they are barely walking six inches off the ground, wobbling and stumbling all over the place at a snails pace.

I’m convinced someday I’ll be killed by: a 5’2” (in heels) female on her mobile in a club.

Gabriel said...

great interview on aussielicious!

seahorse said...

Ok, loved the outfit, it will suffice for all occasions even in a golf members lounge if needs be!

What part of theatre land u visiting or seeing or shall i say did u see considering the past is behind us at 4am now. Was it good? Did u bump into many girls who gave u the cold shoulder treatment...lol

Talking about ice rinks... not sure if u aware but the other one to go to is at 'Ally Pally' or Alexandra's Palace up in North London, just off Haringay borough, up on the hilltop. Travel to Finsbury Park on Picadilly if necessary. Finsbury Park is where they normally have the Pride parties etc but not sure if u were aware but anyway.

have a fab and wonderfully boring saturday at work in the rain. thought i would be honest lol

tc

chabang said...

"a military style grey cardigan"

i'm guessing the greek army are more casually dressed than most other armed forces?

I spent most of last night peeling various drunk women off my male friends when we were out in a 100% gay club. I find that calling them fat / telling them they have facial hair is a suprisingly effective way to stop them comming back.

george said...

are any of you guys from australia? i have female friends and none of them are like the way you described. i do understand where you are coming from but oz raised girls aren't like that....well not the ones i know and hang with.

and mr. preppy great outfit you do look very nice (and hot). i am in fashion and love clothes....it is great that you are not in skinny leg jeans. however, judging by your pics i reckon you would pull it off. unlike so many fat thighed guys that think they look good in them.....george

Klonopin said...

My Blacberry Pearl tells me I have ten minutes between my facial and my manicure and accordingly I browse various inane blogs in that prescribed sliver of time. I view Aussilicious not because of anything that Mr Brenton may add to the fold, I mean he's not the sharpest christofle slcing nife in the silver ware set is he? However he happens to be snap-shotting by blog a young Londonite, herein, the LP. Amongst the seaweed of vomit that has harranged as Brenton's interview questions my interest is piqued with the reference to B.E.E. My favouritie. B.E.E and I have a deep understanding. Anyway would have wanted to review LP's site further however having darn trouble sliping on these retched green patent Prada loafers I bought in the narcsisistic protoype auction. Bid them all the hell out of high water, Suckers. Anyway, the shoes are untouched. impeccable. They ae so shiny I want to lick them and appciate them fro their unselfish design to be precise.

I cant allow my distratction of fury at their ill fitting size to determine that i am late for my dinner appointment. I will be on time, My explorer watch is laced on my golden tanned wrist. My white trousers are crisp. Navy blue shirt, finely tailored with a custom designed three button high collar which is left relaxed and open. Armani sandels. It's a yacht. I dont plan to be wearing these temples to parisian sweet shops for much longer. i imagine dinner will consist of fois gras. Dessert is purely the enjoyment of sin on skin (no correction, first K deliberately ommitted.

LP will keep. But it gives me an idea for tomorrow. Thankfully I am in London in December.

1 pair of loafers
1 1999 glass of zilzy.
4 changes of clothes
1 slow self caress of my nipple against my chest.

Klonopin said...

My Blacberry Pearl tells me I have ten minutes between my facial and my manicure and accordingly I browse various inane blogs in that prescribed sliver of time. I view Aussilicious not because of anything that Mr Brenton may add to the fold, I mean he's not the sharpest christofle slcing nife in the silver ware set is he? However he happens to be snap-shotting by blog a young Londonite, herein, the LP. Amongst the seaweed of vomit that has harranged as Brenton's interview questions my interest is piqued with the reference to B.E.E. My favouritie. B.E.E and I have a deep understanding. Anyway would have wanted to review LP's site further however having darn trouble sliping on these retched green patent Prada loafers I bought in the narcsisistic protoype auction. Bid them all the hell out of high water, Suckers. Anyway, the shoes are untouched. impeccable. They ae so shiny I want to lick them and appciate them fro their unselfish design to be precise.

I cant allow my distratction of fury at their ill fitting size to determine that i am late for my dinner appointment. I will be on time, My explorer watch is laced on my golden tanned wrist. My white trousers are crisp. Navy blue shirt, finely tailored with a custom designed three button high collar which is left relaxed and open. Armani sandels. It's a yacht. I dont plan to be wearing these temples to parisian sweet shops for much longer. i imagine dinner will consist of fois gras. Dessert is purely the enjoyment of sin on skin (no correction, first K deliberately ommitted.

LP will keep. But it gives me an idea for tomorrow. Thankfully I am in London in December.

1 pair of loafers
1 1999 glass of zilzy.
4 changes of clothes
1 slow self caress of my nipple against my chest.

James said...

Your jeans look like they haven't been washed in ages.