Sunday, 26 August 2007

Sunday 26/08/07

This will be a short post but I’ll make up with longer clubbing stories after Sunday night.

On Saturday evening it’s Donnell’s birthday dinner, so Andrews and Scott and I go to this Thai restaurant in North London. I’m wearing the same outfit as I did on Friday night, (i.e. brown Gucci loafers and H&M pink shirt and Louis Vuitton belt), but I’m wearing shorts instead of jeans. And here’s a picture of the outfit that prompts no less than 3 people at the dinner to make a joke about “where my yacht is” or “are we going on a boat later”, etc.



So quite a few people are there (maybe 10 or 12) most of which I have mentioned on here before. And for his birthday I have bought Donnell a wrist support strap from a rugby shop that rugby players wear when they’re injured. Donnell doesn’t play rugby of course, but I think it will make a great accessory when we go out and it will make him look tougher because people will think maybe he has a very active and sporty lifestyle and he injured himself playing rugby. Maybe this is just me though, and not everyone has a sports injury fetish.

I love sports injuries and that’s why I often wear wrist supports, wrap my knuckles or elbows and wear protective knee supports. Is that really that wrong?

So on Saturday night I’m home by 0100.

On Sunday Andrews and Scott and Donnell and I go to the gym and then we meet Mean and we go to Selfridges and I buy this hat, because a) it goes with my reindeer obsession and b) it will come in handy in Iceland in November. Here’s Scott demonstrating it, but don’t worry, it looks better on me.




Then we go to Apostrophe again and I have another hot chocolate and that makes my day and I’m glad that I’ve got over myself a bit now and I can eat things that aren’t that good for you and I don’t freak out about it. Maybe I’m on my way to overcoming my eating disorder, which is good I guess, even though it makes me less interesting.

I have 1 song by Booker T And The MG’s and I’ve played it 0 times
I have 1 song by Booty Love and I’ve played it 2 times
I have 1 song by Boy Least Likely To and I’ve played it 6 times

9 comments:

Knight said...

*points to pic* Hey..I'm satisfied and ALL smiling =)) Thanks for the dose ;-)

Also..choc indulgence..ahhh..release all the endorphins and make you HAPPY. Don't worry.. you are interesting enough with your accent ;-)

Trybaby said...

Ahoy there!
What a weird name to call a rugby shop. Soccer Scene? And the use of "soccer" is weird. Sports injuries are sexy. The guy (or team) is fit and helpless.

Adrian said...

It doesn't make you interesting if you have an eating disorder. Nice hat, but the shirt, shorts, loafer combo looks too staged, and yes,like you are looking for a yacht.

London Preppy said...

trybaby: It's a shop with 2 floors. One is called Soccer Scene and the other Rugby Scene. I guess they have the same bag

chabang said...

hmm, i'd be skeptical of any shop that goes to the trouble of establishing 2 distinct brands (Soccer Scene & Rugby Scene) then scrimps on having plastic bags printed. You should check very carefully that they havn't sold you a Rugby Injury support that's actually a soccer injury support in disguise!

Were there any suspicious football shaped stickers on it that could have been covering a logo?

Silly Billy said...

How come when I wear my collar up, everyone yells at me!

And I am soooo jealous you are going to Iceland. That is my top place to go before I die.

Mike Novak said...

The collar-up thing got to go!! It continues to be today, as well as the past two decades, the greatest challenge facing the gay community today. When will it stop!!!

The hat, however, is kick-ass!! Love it!!!

Jim said...

I'm not certain why it is bad to look like you are headed for your yacht?

You've got the whole fashion thing nailed down. One very overpriced item that is easily identified, the rest low cost, high quality non-identifiables. Like my Prada pants with my H&M t-shirt...

Trybaby said...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.acausedesgarcons.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Da%2Bcause%2Bdes%2Bgarcons%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.ubuntu:en-US:official%26hs%3D6OJ

You've been featured on "A Cause Des Garcon". Thought you might like to kn