On Sunday at 2300 Andrews and Scott and Donnell and I meet up to go to the club. And the club is very busy because Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK and lots of our friends are there. And some of the things that happen are:
- Most of the people I know and I don’t venture to the dancefloor even once, because it’s so busy, instead we hang out and chat
- A few people mention the AXM cover to me. One proceeds to congratulate me by groping my crotch (until I push his hand away) and at that point I wonder how polite or civil you can be with people like that. Fair enough, you want to say thank you when they tell you that you look great etc, but then how are you supposed to react when they become really lecherous like that? And if you tell them off and be rude their reaction will be to go around to everyone they know and say: you know that guy from the AXM cover, he’s a really arrogant twat, he was really rude to me, etc
- Somebody I know gets caught twice by security doing something he shouldn’t be doing (because he’s stupid and is doing it in public) but he doesn’t get thrown out, instead he has that something confiscated
- Frederik tells me of the time when he overdosed on Xenical (a prescription weight loss drug which decreases fat absorption by the body) and he…err…lost bowel control so he had to run in a pub toilet and in the end flushed his underwear down the toilet because they were so dirty
- I decide to run an abs competition amongst my friends to see who has the best six-pack and we takes pictures on my phone to determine that. And the pictures only focus on the abdominal area of the contestants, and we have: me versus Donnell, me versus Frederik, me versus Scott, me versus some guy Donnell is getting off with. And sadly in most of those cases I lose, and I mean I’m not too bad to start with – looks at my abs at the top of this page. Sadly these pictures (which I was planning to post on here) are forever lost, because…
- …I broke my phone a bit later on when I was in the club. For one reason or another I dropped it 3 times and in the end it went off and it refuses to switch back on. My biggest problem with this is the loss of all the pictures I have one there (including the abs ones). Wait – I just had a thought, maybe they’re saved on the memory card, instead of the actual phone. I’m sure the memory card should still be fine. I will have to check this and get back to you
EDIT: I had this checked and I actually still have the pictures. I will post them in the next blog because Scott has my memory card right now.
Anyway, around 0530 I get really bored of all this and I’m quite annoyed about breaking my phone and I decide to go home, even though the club stays open until 0700 and everybody else is staying. I take a taxi and get home and after a quick shower and a Valium I’m in bed by 0620.
Andrews and Scott and a few others stay until closing time and then go to Donnell’s house for a post-clubbing chill out party and then Andrews and Scott roll in at my flat around 1500.
And this brings me to the point of writing all this in the first place. I don’t like doing this anymore. I don’t like going clubbing. It’s too tiring and it takes too much out of me and I actually don’t even enjoy it that much when I’m there. Everyone else out of my friends seems to be more into it (they always stay later than I do, I just want to go home and sleep and then get up and have a normal day). And of course I’m not single and I’m not there to meet some guy, so that element of going out isn’t there for me either.
And there are lots of other things that happen when you go clubbing (things that people say, things that people do) that I can’t write on here because they are too extreme, and I actually don’t feel very comfortable with all this, possibly because I’m a bit of a moralist and definitely because I’m a bit over-sensitive.
I have felt like this for the last few months, but I was still going out because Scott and Donnell and others like it, but now I think I’ve reached a stage where I’m feeling OK about them going out and me staying in and I won’t feel like I’m missing out on anything. So I think that unless there is a very good reason, or I have a very sudden change of heart, I won’t go clubbing for a few months.
Anyway, come back soon for the abs pictures, because fair enough I may have all these issues and aspire to a dull, prosaic lifestyle, but it doesn’t mean that I’ll make this blog boring too.
I have 1 song by Boyzone and I've played it 7 times
I have 1 song by Brainbug and I've played it 3 times
I have 2 songs by Bran Van 3000 and I've played them 44 times