Friday, 10 August 2007

Friday 10/08/07

On Thursday I go to the gym and I do shoulders and I listen to David Gray on my iPod (the White Ladder album all the way through), which surely makes me possibly straight and definitely boring, because I’m not sure I have met a gay person before who has even a passing interest in David Gray.

Anyway, at the gym there is also this guy (let’s call him Tom) who I think is very sexy, and here are the things that we know about this guy:

- Tom is gay. I know that because he is with another gay guy who I recognize and even though Tom doesn’t look gay to the untrained eye, I can obviously tell

- Tom is not a queeny or camp or well-groomed gay. He is the gay that I would aspire to be if I didn’t look like an 18-year old and had the ability to grow chest hair / a full beard etc. I imagine he goes to Crash. Sadly, I can’t look like a rough, masculine sexy guy (like Tom), so I have to do my best with what I was given

- Tom wouldn’t dream about trimming his leg or armpit hair. And if he did it would look stupid on him, but now he looks perfect

- People like Tom are not attracted to people like me. They are attracted to people like Tom. Hence, the only time Tom looks at me, is when I’ve given him so many sideways glances that even a brick wall would realize and turn around and look

- I find this healthy to some extent actually, because it means that no matter how many people tell you that you are fit and sexy etc and no matter how many magazines choose you to be on their cover, there is an equal amount of people out there, who wouldn’t give a shit about you and your look. It’s good to keep that in mind

- At moments like this, I am very glad I’m in a relationship, because if I weren’t I would probably try to flirt with Tom and I would get very disappointed. At least now I can pretend I didn’t even try

Anyway, this all happens in the gym and then I go home and put my nipple clamps on but I’m still in pain from yesterday and can only wear them for half an hour or something. As the nipple clamp picture that I posted yesterday though proved to be quite popular (well actually equally loved and hated really), maybe I should start having more extensive looks in my drawers and see what other leather / torture devices I can find. And then post pictures of them.

Let’s start with an innocent, inconspicuous harness I found.



On Friday at lunchtime I go swimming (it’s very warm in London today) and then I go and buy a pair of shorts (very thin blue and white vertical stripes) to wear on the flight to Athens next week. These shorts are longer than what I would usually wear (knee length), therefore parent-friendly. I am planning to wear them with my brown loafers that I bought recently and a polo shirt, which should give the impression that I’m a nice upper-middle class, preppy 27-year-old with a healthy balance between his work and (straight) personal life. I.e. I will walk straight into that will.

Another thing that occurs to me on Friday is that all my underwear is gay. Well, they’re not thongs or animal print briefs or anything, but they’re 95% from Aussiebum. I actually don’t get this – why do I have to buy products that are targeted at a gay audience by using pictures of formulaic, shiny, groomed half-naked men? I blame myself for being an idiot and falling for this really, I guess when I came out 2 years ago I wanted to fit in with every other gays and quickly replaced all my old underwear with Aussiebums. And have continued buying them since.

Now, 2 years later, I am actually quite embarrassed when you can see my waistband and it screams Aussiebum at you. It just says: I’m just somebody who goes to the gym every day, goes clubbing every two weeks and looks at the pictures in QX to see who he’ll recognize. Oh wait, that’s exactly who I am.

Anyway, I can be hypocritical if I want and I’ll continue doing these things, but with wearing different underwear. Tom from the gym wouldn’t wear them, why should I? So I make the decision that I’m not buying any more Aussiebums ever again. Even though they’re very cheap.

I have 1 song by Black Box and I've played it 27 times
I have 3 songs by Black Eyed Peas and I've played them 1 times
I have 3 songs by Black Grape and I've played them 6 times

20 comments:

Trevor said...

Reading your blog is increasingly addictive! Thanks for the great writing. I'll be back for more, oh and by the way, the larger nipples in those guys you admire may relate to a side effect of steroid use... I think the nipple clamps are just going to hurt... a lot...
Have a great weekend.

S said...

You should not place so much stock in your underwear. Aussiebum, while commonplace in gay culture, is not strictly a "gay" underwear. My brother, hetero as the day is long... maybe longer, wears Aussiebum and his many girlfriends love him in them. When you try to determine what is/isn't gay, you should try looking at it from all points. Your "Tom" may wear Aussiebum too.

I enjoy the blog. I appreciate you sharing some of your life with the rest of us.

Trybaby said...

Hey do you have any of those wonderjocks? And would you recommend them? I usually just like my classic white CK briefs.

London Preppy said...

trybaby: No, haven't tried the wonderjocks. Are those the ones that work like a wonderbra, only for your willy?!

the one in your dreams said...

not to rain on your nipple parade--but think about women with larger nipples--its painful to picture i admit. however, they are probably larger to nursing a baby FOR MONTHS many times a day.

so unless you plan on the clamps for hours and hours for many months--i'd imagine your nips may stay as they are.

otherwise, excellent reading and a welcome diversion to my workday.

London Preppy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
London Preppy said...

trevor / dreams: I guess you're both right I should put the nipples dream to a rest :-( fucking gym guy giving me ideas!

the one in your dreams said...

eh, if anything it leaves something to use in the mental bank right?

Joe said...

Can I please request you not put big red squares and rectangles over your pictures? It really ruins the shot. If you are really worried that someone will be upset I'd rather you crop the head out rather than have these big ugly red squares in the photo. Seriously, does anyone really care if their picture is in your blog? C'mon guess lighten up. Accept your little bit of fame. Those of us in America probably will never meet you so let us at least get a true idea of what guys in the UK look like. Currently I'm afraid they all have big red blocks on their heads! Yikes!!!

Joe in the OC

Trybaby said...

Yeah they are, apparently you put your "stuff" into a built in pouch and it lifts and brings it forward so it's nice and prominent. It probably must be the Antichrist for Drag Queens.

Knight said...

Hey..that looks like the harness you used for the QX cover!?

And although I know straight guys love Aussiebums as much as I do..I find it a bit embarrassing when the waistband shows, it kinda screams I am GAY when you bend over on the streets! And to trybaby, the wonderjocks are OK but if you're well endowed, you can do without 'em! The new FLAUNT range is wicked though. Love the waistband!

London Preppy said...

joe: But...but the red squares are a part of the blog now! Anyway, I think for legal reasons you can;t publish pictures of people without getting their consent. So I'm afraid the squares stay.

Trybaby said...

Well I guess it's for the growers and not the showers. It's more of a novelty really, guys have been looking hot in underwear forever before wonderjocks.

devon said...

I like the red blocks!
Keep the red blocks!

and the red blocks in no way wreck the shots, its an additive, even though your looks don't need it...

Gabriel said...

aussiebum in australia has unfortunately, become hetro underwear. although its quite a turn on seeing hetroboys wearing them in changerooms at the gym. fulfills my gay-hetro fantasies.

London Preppy said...

gabriel: I think in London too somestraight people are starting to wear them. But about 1-2 years ago it was the equivalent of draping yourself in a rainbow flag!

Trybaby said...

Yeah, I'm from Vancouver Canada and the only places that I know of where you can even buy Aussie bums and Ginch Gonch are from stores in the gay Village. And really these companies aren't marketing to the hetero male market not even one bit. So if a guy is wearing them he's gay or at least there is a chance you can bend them.

LANCE McEWAN said...

ευτυχή Χριστούγεννα

Jon said...

Where can i find aussie bum in a vancouver or canadian wesite for purchase?

Gifts for Men said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading.